Monday, November 07, 2011

Nonsense.




nonsense [non-sens, -suhns]



Dictionary.com's definition:

noun
1. words or language having little or no sense or meaning.
2. conduct, action, etc., that is senseless, foolish, or absurd: to have tolerated enough nonsense.
3. impudent, insubordinate, or otherwise objectionable behavior: He doesn't have to take that nonsense from you.
4. something absurd or fatuous: the utter nonsense of such a suggestion.
5. anything of trifling importance or of little or no use.

The Hubby's definition:

Specifically referring to
(a) #5 as above.
(b) my beloved collection of craft stuff : often used in an affectionate way
(c) the things I do with (b): often used in an affectionate way


Examples of use:

When he saw me with a wooden block and wire...

"What nonsense are you making?"

 I was making these for the dinosaur party:



Before you get mad at him for being mean, he actually continued the conversation with
" that's nice. Carry on! :) "


He isn't trying to be mean. Maybe it is easier for him to categorize all my beloveds into one category, which he affectionately calls 'nonsense'.

I'm guessing it's either too much a mouthful, or too girly to say things like:

"your craft stuff",
"your notebooks",
"your journals",
"your fabric",
"your masking tapes",
"your (many many) scrapbook papers which you don't use",
"your 'so-called-craft-projects-that-are-halfway-done".



Now that I'm planning for storage place in the new house for my collection (of fabric and notebooks and papers and masking tapes), I realise that I do have.. I must admit... quite a bit of nonsense.








No comments:

Post a Comment