Saturday, April 06, 2013

Children's books are meaningful too.

I've always been a fan of children's books.
Maybe because they are really easy to read. (I like the huge font size.)
Maybe deep down somewhere , there's a Peter Pan residing in me.
Maybe because growing up, there's always a young family member to play with and I secretly want to rule them all.
All babies must love me! Or so I thought.

If I could have my way, and all that money,
I'd have

the entire collection of Mr Men and Little Miss books,
the entire collection of Roald Dahl books,
the entire Beatrix Potter collection (Oh, Peter Rabbit!),
all of Dr Seuss's books, and
all of Enid Blyton's books.

I did a quick mental calculation.
It is not gonna happen.
I should have given myself a reward with one collection after each year of work.
I could have gotten them all.

Is it too late to request this for my 30th birthday?

****************************************

It's the "Dr Seuss season" for me lately.
Thank YOU so much, Pinterest...

I've been listening to the read-aloud books on YouTube (because I don't have the books!) and finally understanding the meaning behind the books.

There are two I really, really love.
I'd use them if I was still teaching.

If I know that I'm going to follow the class through the four years,
I'd show this on the first lesson...







And this on their graduation day.



And I'll secretly rule them all.





No comments:

Post a Comment