Monday, April 01, 2013

Bedtime Stories are for Everyone

I've developed a rather strange habit recently -- bedtime stories.

Not reading bedtime stories to myself like when I was a little kid.
Not reading bedtime stories to little children (So sorry, my poor cousins and brother!) like when I was a teenager.

Listening to bedtime stories.
I need to listen to bedtime stories before I go to bed.

*

I came across a pin on Pinterest the other day - "David Tennant reads bedtime stories".

Ah!
The Tenth Doctor reading bedtime stories.. That'll be interesting!

I watched the video out of curiosity, hoping to pick up some storytelling skills at the same time.
(Like, "How do they do voices?" I always wanted to do that. I tried doing voices once, during my 'O' Level English Oral Examinations. It was embarrassing.)

His voice was incredibly soothing and after he ended the story with '"Night night",  I smiled myself silly and actually. fell. asleep.


*
That night, I couldn't sleep.
So I gave the other CBeebies bedtime stories a shot.
I remember that story.
"Everybody Knows that Goats Don't Dance" read by Alex Kingston.
She too, had a wonderful voice and by the end of the story, I was yawning.
My eyelids actually felt heavy.
I fell asleep. Soundly.

The husband was amused.
*
I got hooked.
I cannot go to bed without listening to at least one bedtime story now.







No comments:

Post a Comment