Friday, February 22, 2013

Flowers in the house

Let me tell you a secret.
I'm very, very much influenced by the storybooks I read as a child.
Especially Enid Blyton.

Till now, I still marvel at dewdrops for a different reason and try as much as possible to leave spider webs alone. I feel that some fairy may come by at night and pick them up for their clothes.

I remember seeing a picture of flowers in a kettle in one of Enid Blyton's books.
And I'm pretty determined to have that in the house.
I like a house with a cottage feel.


A couple of years back, I found a metal pitcher in Daiso, and saved it for the new house.
I wanted to put some baby's breath or gerbera in it.
You know,  just to make the house a little shabby chic.

The husband, however, is not keen on having plants of any sort in the house.
Not even artificial ones.

The artificial pom pom flowers we came across during Chinese New Year reminded me of this tutorial by Domesticfluff - Pom pom flowers made of yarn.


*Big broad smile*


After a couple minutes of twirling and tying and snipping...


These lovelies are done.


It's still missing a few stalks of pom pom flowers.
But for now, I'm pretty happy with the new addition in the living room.

*

To me, they are pom pom flowers.
To him, they are merely pom poms.

Problem solved. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment