* One week before the Chinese New Year holidays, my dear ones came over for some CNY baking.
These are easy to make. Everything took us close to 5 hours beacuse we had to air-fry the crab sticks in small batches.
I made more for Mummy and my Mom-in-law on Chinese New Year Eve.
It was madness but the crabsticks turned out to be hit among relatives.
Trans fat free fried crabsticks seems to be a good selling point.
* Deep cleaned the house and learnt that windows should be wiped once a week (especially when dust builds up fast where I stay).
* A painful lesson taught us to wipe down the showers every night so that we will not break our backs trying to clean off scum in the bathroom some time after.
* Reunion dinner at Mummy's.
* My camera is very much neglected this festive season. Since the iPhone can pretty much do the job. Looking at last year's photos, I think it's time to bring the G11 back.
* Lack of CNY updates. I must have become lazy after I shifted house. Maybe it's because I feel less of the festive mood. Maybe it's really quiet this year. Maybe it doesn't help that my laptop is hooked to the TV.
* I didn't even shop for new clothes and shoes just before CNY. I've been hiding the dresses lil' sis got for me just so I won't wear them. I pulled all of them out and got them washed just before CNY. For the first day, I put together a 'dress' with a trapeze top I got from HongKong 2 years back and a skirt. The trapeze top is very new. Apparently
it was too big and I didn't know how to wear it, so it got chucked in some corner of the closet.
* My brain is still on a CNY break.
So here are the very few photos I took over the CNY break.
I really need my G11 back.
|Mummy made these pretties.|
|It was a rainy CNY. Perfect shoes for the weather.|
|It was a dragon for the Year of the Dragon. Onlt right that we get a "Snake' yusheng this year.|
And, the 15-day celebrations continue this weekend. :)
Happy Chinese New Year! ♥