Friday, April 13, 2012

Like a child

child·ish [chahyl-dish]
adjective
1. of, like, or befitting a child
2. puerile; weak; silly

child·like   [chahyld-lahyk]
adjective
like a child, as in innocence, frankness, etc.; befitting a child: childlike trust.








I always believed that everyone has a inner child in them.
Sometimes, I wonder why mine is so much stronger.






Maybe it's because for a huge part of my life, there is always an adorable little kid in the family.

Maybe it's the 12-year age gap with lil' brother, and in order to be that awesome sister, I'll watch all the children shows with him. Be it 'Hi-5'or 'Blues' Clues'. I'd even sing and dance to the songs.
(And I secretly like them. A lot.)


Maybe it's due to the many fairytales and Enid Blyton stories I read, and believed in.I will still look closely when I see a ring of fungi sprouting along the roadside. Because, who knows? Maybe some fairies did have a fairy meeting the night before.


***


I like this man in the red jumper.
Don't you love him too?

I did a google search on him and realise that Neil Buchanan is already in his 50s.
And in a rock band.
The 'Art Attack' man in a rock band. Wow.

***

Oh. And that day at the Times Book Sale, I bought myself this:
 


It's a treasury of princess stories and I couldnt resist.
The pop-ups made it a little more attractive.
Of course, I bought myself a couple of slightly more grown up books.
Slightly.


 
 
Well....
Is that being childish?
Or childlike?
 
 
I chose to believe I'm childlike. :)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment