Sunday, October 23, 2011

{House Talk} Creative Living 2011, Ikea, Couches ... *pulls hair*

So, I got smacked into reality after that yummy breakfast because what came after that, was lots of walking and killing of brain cells.
We are not intending to get a contractor for the new house because there is really nothing much to be done. However, that meant that we have to source for individual companies/people who does things like built-in closets, shower screens and blah blah.

It is MAJOR.DECISION.MAKING.

And I still can't quite decide where I should get the couch and lights from.

I'm inclined towards Ikea.
I mean, Ikea always had products that makes my little heart pound.
I love their design. But everyone says that Ikea products don't last.

We visited quite a few furniture stores searching for the couch but sadly, none I fancy.
In Ikea, I could easily pick out two to three designs that I like.
Like this:

EKTORP Cover two-seat sofa w chaise lounge, Svanby beige
Source: Ikea

We went searching for lightings on a few ocassions.
You are right.
None that I fancy too.
But with Ikea, I could easily pick (at least) four.
Even this:
IKEA 365+ BRASA Pendant lamp, white Diameter: 45 cm Height: 22 cm Cord length: 180 cm
Source: Ikea

I could just add some masking tapes or vinyl and it could become this:





The possibilities are endless.
*pulls hair*

Should I go for Ikea?
Or is there anywhere I could get something similar with a better quality?



No comments:

Post a Comment